The 1960s saw the Takarazuka Revue reach its 50th anniversary. It also saw the first Broadway musicals performed by the Revue, and an influx of all things 60s!
Photos from “70 Years of the Takarazuka Revue” publication (1984)
Songs Used in This Podcast
All songs from the “Takarazuka Revue – After the War” CD Collection
“Save the Last Dance For Me” (Going Forte) Sumi Hanayo (1961)
“The Takarasienne are Coming” (Cheers to Takarasienne!) Maho Shibuki (1967)
“My Idol” (My Idol) Nachi Wataru (1968)
- A silent video of Takarazuka Familyland in 1965.
- Riding the “One World” ride in Takarazuka Familyland.
- Japan Times article from 2002: “Hankyu to Pull Plug On Its Parks”
- Uchinoe Noboru “Seller of Happiness” (Adieu Grand Theater, 1992)
- Maho Shibuki “Amor Amor” (Adieu Grand Theater, 1992)
- Kamo Sakura “Indian Love Call” (Adieu Grand Theater, 1992)